Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FTDI device not detected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick703

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello friends i have design the pcb use of ftdi chip but when i setup hardware my comport doesn't recognise any device. i have completely installed all driver and as describe in datasheet i have connection all component with all related value but com port is not detected ? where is the problem ?

but when i have test UM232RL module then device is detected so what is the problem in my device?

Maybe you damaged the FTDI chip while soldering. There may also be USB device conflicts. There is a free software from Nirsoft, use it to see if there are any conflicts. If more than one device is using the same Product ID then you have conflicts. You will have to uninstall all those drivers. I don't remember the exact name of software. It is either USBDeview or USBDview.

still doesn't recognized device i have another chip used this time . i have remove all driver and install again . but problem is same . ftdi.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

hello friend's when i remove UM232RL board ic and put in my circuit my device is detected to usb -serial port so my question is that any inbuilt code crash in my ft232rl ? means i have parches 10 Pisces and out of 3 not detected com port but in UM232RL board ic use in my circuit that detected in com port . so where to find correct solution ?

I have a one question is that FT232RL blank chip supply or internally EEPROM programed supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.