Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Front panel BNC connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgergo

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

In my recent design there is a 4ch DAC, outputting +/-1.5V signals/ highest freq 500Hz. The outputs would be BNC connectors mounted on the enclosure's front panel. I'm looking for tips how to connect these connectors to the PCB. My initial idea was to place another 4 BNC thru-hole connectors on the PCB and connecting them to front panels' BNCs using a plug-plug BNC cable. But this solution would eat up lots of PCB space and need expensive cables inside the enclosure. Thank you for any tips or ideas in advance.

You could put SMA connectors on your PCB, or even smaller types, like MMCX, etc.

As youyr signals are only 500 HZ, use twisted cable soldered on to the back of the panel mounted BNCand earth tag and either soldered to pins on the PCB or use some sort of plug/socket or clip and pins. . . Loads of alternatives.
Frank

Thank you guys for the tips. I'll go with the twisted pairs. SMA is very nice but costs a fortune.

Best regards: Gergo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back