Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] FROM PIC pic24hj256gp610 TO pic24ep512gu810

Status
Not open for further replies.

tronicman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys, i need to replace a pic 24Hj256gp610 by pic 24ep512gu810 so can u help me about the pin equivalence specially the digital communication pin of SPI and UARTs. thanks for help

Hi,

Did you read both datasheets?

What especially is your concern?

Klaus

in fact, the datasheets they not detailed for example i didnt find the pin slave synchronization "SS2" in the pic 25EP512 Also "U2RX","U2TX"

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for replay
in fact the datasheets are not detailed so i didnt find the slave synchronization SS2 in the pic24EP also U2RX U2TX.

Actually the data sheets ARE very detailed, especially with regard to what signals are on what pins.
What you are missing is that the pic24ep512gu810 has PPS (Peripheral Pin Select) which allows you to map the input and output signals of various peripherals to the pins that are labelled 'RPn' (input or output) or 'RPIn' (input only).
I suggest that you read Section 11.4 of the pic24ep512gu810 data sheet.
Whether or not this will allow the pic24ep512gu810 to be a pin-for-pin replacement is something you will need to work out by looking at whether the required pin is also labelled as a PPS pin taking into account that the RPIn pins are input only.
Susan

UART PINS in the PIC24EP512GU810

hello guys, im using PIC24EP512GU810 for the first time and the datasheet is not detailed, so can u help me how can i find the uart pins ?

Hi,

in fact, the datasheets they not detailed for example...

From time to time I read something like this...
But where do all the other designers have their informations from, if not from the datasheet?

Usually the datasheets are very detailed, but sometimes they refer to additional documents, like application notes, design notes example designs, package informations and so on.
At least at the device related internet sites there should be all the links to the informations and forums.

But for sure the manufacturers don't hide important informations, and there are no "secret channels" to manufacture's informations..

Klaus

hello guys, I'm using PIC24EP512GU810 for the first time and the datasheet is not detailed, so can u help me how can i find the uart pins ?
Stop pointless complaining, start reading post #4 which has the answer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.