Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency versus pcb material

Status
Not open for further replies.

darcyrandall2004

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello there

Can anyone give me some advice or perhaps direct me to the literature. I recently designed a UHF receiver that doesnt work. The problem I believe is both parasitic capacitance to ground and inductance to ground issues. I have been able to import the design into momentum and pretty much redesign everything to get the board working. I would like to know what pcb substrate materials and thicknesses are recommended for particular frequencies. My design was on 1.6mm FR4 pcb. At 450MHz would this pcb material and thickness be appropriate?

Thankyou.

Hi Darcy,
Dont worry :), it wiil function enough good, think pls on the lot of door opener at 433MHz & RFIDs up to 8-900MHz or even at 2.4GHz the millions of units are working best :)...
Dont forget, that these FR4 Study has over lnegth of signal lines to your application, than they checked signals for distances between 0.5 and 1.x meter & at frequencies of 1.2 & ca 2GHz!....
For your applications are only paar percent less signals to assume_after some centimeter...
Greetings!
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back