Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Frequency Meter using TTL, 74160 as counter, 74175 latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

macs_lex

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! I am designing a frequency meter using TTL. I'm using 74160 as counter, 74175 latch and 7448 decoder. I'm having a problem on how to use time delays to clear the counter once the 74175 latched the counted pulses of 74160 because what happened to my circuit is that after every second it adds the previous counted pulses instead of clearing and counting again. hope you can help me!thanks a lot!

this might be one of those obvious head-desk things, but are you clearing the counter after latching the result?
I do not know your process but the method I would use would be to clear counter, start timer 1second, on end of timer latch result and clear counter. A flip-flop on the output of the timer would see that the data was latched and the counter cleared. Or else use a micro controller if your not dead set to use true ttl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back