Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency meshing in ADS momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bou

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello;

the result of simulation in ADS momentum depends on the meshing frequency that we choose, how we can define the optimum frequency for simulation?

thanks

Select the optimum frequency for your application. generally the higher frequency will have tighter mesh, so more accurate, but takes longer to simulate. pick the highest frequency you need to know accurately as your solution frequency.

The frequency is not so important. More important is the mesh density. You can run a simulation and increase the mesh density for a new simulation. S-paramters should be almost equal with both sims.

I'm less familiar with momentum specific settings, but in general, mesh density is indirectly set by the meshing frequency. higher frequency = shorter wavelength = tighter mesh to capture effects at frequency. If mesh density can be set independently from frequency then I agree with johnjoe.

I'm less familiar with momentum specific settings, but in general, mesh density is indirectly set by the meshing frequency. higher frequency = shorter wavelength = tighter mesh to capture effects at frequency. If mesh density can be set independently from frequency then I agree with johnjoe.
In ADS Momentum you can set independently mesh density and mesh frequency.

Sometimes the layout maybe quite complicated. In that case, I think whether the mesh density is dependent to freq or not, it is helpful to increase the number of density, by sacrificing simulation time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back