Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

frequency domain in matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream123

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everybody

i have a signal m(t)=10+4cos(2*pi*t)+8cos(2*pi*2*t)+10cos(2*pi*10*t) i need to plot the
signal in frequency domain , i know how to plot in time domain but not in frequency if any one
can help me with that also how to do the same thing but using simulink instead of matlab please i have a
homework

first u take fourier transform ov ur signal.
then u achive a single spectrum ,thn u will able to plot ur signal in frequency domain

hi
you just apply Laplace transformation, and using the simulink library blocks, you can run the simulation. Its very simple.
blocks such as integration, transferfunction, scope, input signal block is enough to do all these stuffs.

fft(m) then you can plot using figure,plot( abs(fft(m) and figure,plot(angle(fft(m))
Good Luck

But laplace transform is for system analysis. (anand had posted). For a signal its Fourier. Besides the sampling frequency you apply is of tremendous significance. If the sampling frequency is not an integral multiple of anyone of the individual signals you added up, then you wont get what you anticipate. The time domain signal itself will look screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.