Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Free 3G RF Planning and Optimization Software(UMTS/GSM/WCDMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jutkuyk

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,

Who knows 3G RF Planning and Optimization Software(UMTS/GSM/WCDMA)?
Where can I download the free software?Thank you!

Re: RF Optimization Software

Hi everybody,

Who knows 3G RF Planning and Optimization Software(UMTS/GSM/WCDMA)?
Where can I download the free software?Thank you!

I doubt you can (legally at least). It's a very complex topic, and software for this sort of thing costs a fortune.

Dave

Hi,

Maybe you do not understand what I mean.
I want to know where has the free 3G RF Network Planning and Optimization Software that I can download.
which website can offer the free software to let everybody download legally?

You know that a free software exists? Or would like to have a free software?

Hi,

Maybe you do not understand what I mean.
I want to know where has the free 3G RF Network Planning and Optimization Software that I can download.
which website can offer the free software to let everybody download legally?

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know a lot about this topic, but know of someone who knows a fair amount about it, as he used to (10+ years ago) do this for a living. He went for a job interview to do it a couple of years ago, but was told his knowledge was too out of date. This is a very complex topic, which moves quite rapidly.

So now a few things I suspect, though I could be wrong on any of them.

1. Nobody has written any decent software for this, and made it legally free.
  2. You might be able to download a cracked copy, but I very much doubt you will be able to use it, even if you bypass any copy protection.
  3. To get anywhere with this sort of software, you will need to go on training courses, which wont be free.
  4. You would be most unlikely to find any help on a forum like this.
  5. If you need this for your job, your employer will pay for it.

I don't know why you want this software. But if you have seen a job advert which wants experience in this, and you don't have the experience, I would just forget it.

I know when applying for a job it can be tempting to quickly get some idea of a bit of software the job advert wants, but in a case like this, I would not even waste my time.

PS When I was a post-doc at university, we advertised a job for a post-doc. Someone applied, and listed his software skills. One of them was Windows Paintbrush! Needless to say, he never got interviewed. I can understand listing Autocad, HFSS, CST, Microsoft Office, Photoshop (depending on the job), but Paintbrush was just stupid.

Dave MCSE (Minefield Consultant and Solitaire Expert)

Hello Guys,

I have seen just now your topic and I may have an answer for you -> Agileto.

Please have a look on its web site:

https://www.agileto.com/goldedition.html

It's 100% free!!!

What they say on their main page:
https://www.agileto.com

Agileto® is a desktop application that allows you to optimize your 3G network. It has powerful analyses, process automation, simple installation and monthly leasing, which enables you plan your network better, faster and cheaper. Now you can optimize 3G network without drive test, decreasing the cost and achieving faster results.

Agileto® is vendor (3G & 2G) independent allowing the user to have a quick view of a radio network and facilitates:

Generation of the (3G & 2G) networks in MapInfo & Google Earth
View & change the neighbors (3G-3G/3G-2G) in MapInfo & Google Earth
Audit & “Sanity Check” of the main (3G & 2G) RF parameters
Optimization based on Drive Tests and/or Call Traces /PSC detected
KPIs (cells) representation & investigation in MapInfo & Google Earth; etc.
All these optimization features provided by Agileto® help to improve KPIs such as RRC Accessibility, Call Drop Rate, Mobility Management, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.