Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Framing and Synchronization in wireless Receiver/Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

masthdn

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.

I'm using wireless Receiver/Transmitter ("rr4-433.9" and "rt4-433.9") in my project.
I want to Transmit 32 (or more) bit data packets. RS232 may be good but I need 32 bit packets.
I need standard frame to interleave my data into.
Also, I need decoding algorithm to extract my data in receiver.
How could I be synchronized with received Frame?

Thanks

You first scramble the 32 bits.
Then you add a header pattern, say 1010101010101010 to the frame..

At the receiver end, you detect the 1010101010101010 pattern and declare "in sync".

You can also add an CRC at the end of the bitstream to check sanity of the data.

masthdn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Framing and Synchronization in wireless Receiver/Transmi

OK.

But I want to use standard pattern that provided by theorem, because it should be optimized. Now I use this pattern: "01010100 + (32-bit Data)" but I haven't any theoretical idea about this. Also I will use Hamming Coding for error correcting.
Is there any paper or e-book about this subject?

Thanks.

I'm waiting

Have you tried using google and searching for error correcting coding? There are ton's on papers on this. The earlier suggestion was pretty decent. When you say "optimium", in wat sense do you mean?

Dave

Maybe I couldn't convey my meaning correctly. I want to know how can I send and receive data in 32-bit packet while I have simple ASK transceiver. I need a standard framing to interleave my data into.

Try taking a look at POCSAG, which is an older paging code. It supports receiver sync and error correction.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.