Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fractal Antenna Design in HFSS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: fractal antennas design

Yes, I am doing my final year project on fractal antenna. kindly provide those links

This is really amazing. I am also looking for that kind of fractal antenna design. I just received some kind of updates related fractual antena design from the website fieldcomponents.com/.

hi,
i am having the same kind of problem "non manifold vertices".. in hfss.. m\I'm testing siepinski triangle, and in first iteration only the error comes under 3D MODEL validation check..
i hv tried using Heal option also../ but that doesnt work..

thanks in advance.
it would b great help.

What kind of fractal is best suited for narrow-band compact transmitter antenna? How much % of surface it saves? 30 or more, some 50%??

Re: fractal antenna design

Hi... Anyone intersted in Fractal Antenna design in HFSS or any doubts u can post here..
thank you

Hey, looks like u know much about Hfss, can u help me with an error..
M trying to simulate sierpinski triangle fractal on hfss11, but after all steps 1 error arises during validation in 3D model , it says - "non manifold vertices are found in part - ", and that part is the main structure of sierpinski design...
So how should i debug this and get rid of this error... Can u help ? it would be gr8 if u can respond asap...
thanks in advance...

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I am doing my final year project on fractal antenna. kindly provide those links

ther are many fractal designs available, or u can make ur own.. firstly choose a design and software which can support to simulate ur model.... i am doing the same for my final yr project.. sm links are _

http://www.phd.etfbl.net/files/Works_PDF/Poprzen%20Nemanja%20.pdf

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/Fractal/

http://www.ece.iit.edu/~pfelber/fractalantennas.pdf

i want to design fractal antenna can any one help me...

- - - Updated - - -

hi ybc,
i want to also work in fractal antenna design can u help me....

respected sir,
i want design fractal antenna can u help me...

- - - Updated - - -

Hi... Anyone intersted in Fractal Antenna design in HFSS or any doubts u can post here..
thank you

i want to design fractal antenna can u help me..

Draw fractal, run a simulation. I hope there is a way to make batch process and do brute force of design, find good one and then think about theory for it.

thanks terminator3
can u have any doc for fractal antenna which give me step wise generation of fractal antenna in hfss.....i m beginner in it....

Hi,
I'm trying to simulate a fractal antenna in HFSS. But I'm facing some problems. I need to finish this design urgently. Can anyone provide me their hfss files of fractal antenna? I need a working design urgently.
Thanks in advance.

There are many patents and pictures of fractal antennas freely available on internet. I did not used HFSS. But if you know how to draw microstrips in this package, you can simply draw fractal by 1) drawing it's basic elements (few lines/triangles/etc at some angles) and 2) copying this elements to make a fractal structure.
Choose basic element size based on your frequency and effective Er dielectric constant. Do simulation, see current, if excitation is bad, try to scale your design in size.

So, fractal structures all look the same, you just need to choose scale and some good characteristic impedance for it's elements. Look at patch antennas - all the same, just scale changes. Depending on frequency.

Last edited:

Hello every one .I am new to hfss .I want to design tree shaped fractal antenna as in paper attached here.But don't know how to cut my structure at certain angle..Plze help me out.

Attachments

• fractal selected 2 sem.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 99

hey! i need ur hfss file urgently. would be of great help to me. my design has just one issue: 3d model problem. kindly mail urs at shivang_kalra@yahoo.com
thx:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back