Not open for further replies.

tayyab786

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
GPIO of FPGA Vertex -6 ML605

which port of FPGA vertex 6 ML605 use as a GPIO like in audino and ressbarry pi. There are FMC-HPC connector present in the board. can this connector use as GPIO?

Xilinx provides a schematic of the ML605 which you can download off their website for this board.

Xilinx provides a schematic of the ML605 which you can download off their website for this board.

i already see their data-sheet of xilinx vertex6 ml605...There are two FMC-HPC connector present in the board. the question is can this connector use as GPIO?

I don't use the ML605, but looking at its datasheet now.
The FMC-HPC types are all differential, *_N and *_P, which are not (normally) not used as GPIO pins.

See the user I/O section, LCD character display (16 characters x 2 lines), there you might be able to use *some pins* as GPIO. I am not sure.

You can use the HPC signals as single ended, but you will have to deal with the cross-talk issues, I would suggest only using either the _p or the _n pins and output GND on the other pin of the pair, to avoid any cross talk issues.

Reactions: dpaul

dpaul

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.