FPGA USB Data software

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

expertengr

Hello, I am wondering which software can receive and save the data packets in computer at the rate of 100 K packets (16 bits) per seconds which are send from FPGA ?

Asking that general doesn't make much sense. Which device type is implemented in your FPGA? A software usually supports only specific device protocols, e.g. serial port (CDC class), file (MSD, mass storage device), bulk (raw USB).

The development board is Z-turn Board (with Zynq-7020) by MYIR Tech. The project requirement is to send 16 bits x 100 K sample per second from Z-turn to computer. Is this under CDC class ? I guess the data type transfer is Bulk transfer, right ? Is it possible to configure USB OTG for this purpose ?

I don't see the problem related to OTG. It means that a device takes a temporary host role, e.g. a camera sends photos to a printer.

Selecting an USB device protocol is up to you. CDC can be easily accessed at the PC application level, e.g. by a terminal program. To access a bulk device, you'll usually need to write a driver.

On Z-turn Board Zynq-7020 there are two USB ports available. USB-UART and USB OTG both connected to ARM, which one can be used or configured under CDC class ?

ZYNQ USB OTG Data Transfer

There are two USB ports available on Z-turn Board Zynq-7020 by MIYR Tech i.e., USB-UART and USB OTG. Both of them are connected to ARM processor. Is it possible to use USB OTG to send 16 bit data packets at the rate of 100 K packets per second to computer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…