Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA LVDS-receiver input capacitance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC-Electric

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am currently designing a LVDS standard interface to drive a Virtex-6 FPGA with 1.25Gbps (DDR) and I would like to know if the corresponding values for the input capacitance of the LVDS-pins in the data-sheet or IBIS-file are valid? With a normal LVDS interface (I=3.5 mA and Rd=100 Ohm) it is to my mind not possible to drive 6-8pF single-ended input capacitance at 1.25Gbps. What do I misunderstand, because the data-sheet says that it is possible to drive the Virtex-6 at 1.25Gbps with a standard LVDS driver? Are the values right?

I´m grateful for any help regarding this topic.....

Cheers,
MC-Electric

Hi,
I think this is a question you should send to Xilinx discussion groups rather than here.

Best regards,
Farhad

hi MC-electric
Have you found an answer to your question? Because I need to know the input capacitance of an LVDS reciever on a virtex6 FPGA ???

Thanks in advance
Ibrahim AHmed

Status
Not open for further replies.