Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fpga learninig using varilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

zia

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi to all
i want to learn fpga programming using varilog.plz guide me, as i have learned in my university life but long time passed and i have forgot this.my experties are in microcontrollers now
advance thanx for kind help

I think in my view you must fix the device( FPGA) that you want work on like xilinx, Altera etc... then download the corresponding software of IDE of that family then...choose some demo board of the FPGA and then In the IDE you will get the option like coding language choose that as Verilog ....and then fix some functionality or module that you want to implement and then you can start coding....

Good Luck

Reactions: zia

zia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Now you need to choose some functionality ....Like you will like to design the sequential logic or combinatorial logic.... for an example develop the counter module for seven segment display is a classical sequential logic design or develop the multiplexer module using LED's is a classical example of the combinatorial logic....And these modules are extensively used in digital designs .... So once you gain some level of confidence then you can take real time functionality that you are interested to build from FPGA

Good Luck

Reactions: zia

zia

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back