Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FPGA based final year project[Help Needed ASAP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsravitheja

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My guide advised me to do my final year project on FPGA.
I selected implementation of 32-bit ALU using FPGA but he rejected saying that we cant get output and its good enough to be a project.
He is asking me to interface some sensor and design data acquisition system.Problem is i'm not able to find a proper apllication where FPGA can be used along with any sensor. If any have a simple project idea about this, plz share it asap as my deadline is fast approaching.
and is the ALU not worth a project?

hai dsravitheja,

The FPGA is using in the application which demanding very fast response time(eg: in nano seconds). for a common data acqusition system this much resolution was not required. Because of that most DAS are using micro controller based DAS

A simple 32-bit ALU would probably only be about 50 lines of HDL. An experienced designer could design one and a test bench in an hour, so I agree that it wouldn't be much of a final year project on its own.

There are plenty of posts from other people looking for and working on final year projects in this forum - have you looked at these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back