Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Four layer PCB design using eagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeep4386

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,
I have to design a four layer pcb using eagle. It should have two outer signal layers and inner ground and vcc layer. Can anybody provide me a link which would give me all the stepwise details to four layer PCB design? Even if you have some suggestion for a four layer design, please post here. Any help would be highly appreciated! Thank you.

I am sure there must be some tutorials somewhere, but first st up the layers in the DRC (layers tab using DRC icon). It probably says (1*16) - change it to (1+2*15+16). You can always change it later if you find out that the board will be constructed in a different way, but that is a useful start.

You will then see 4 layers for routing 1, 2, 15, 16. Before you will probably have had 1 to 16 or just 1 and 16.

Even if you are going to use polygon fills for the inner layers, it can be useful to define the inner layers as power planes to start (assuming you are manually routing). Then any ground and power nets will automatically connect when you add vias to the nets of a component. This can stop you accidentally routing power & ground which will later be connected through the power planes. At the end you can change the inner layers back to routing layers and draw your power/ground polygons with whatever shapes/cuts are required.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

PS. one thing to remember is you need to generate 4 layer Gerbers using gerb274x-4layer.cam, not the gerb274x.cam.

if your design frequency is 200M.the EMC is bad.

I am sure there must be some tutorials somewhere, but first st up the layers in the DRC (layers tab using DRC icon). It probably says (1*16) - change it to (1+2*15+16). You can always change it later if you find out that the board will be constructed in a different way, but that is a useful start.

You will then see 4 layers for routing 1, 2, 15, 16. Before you will probably have had 1 to 16 or just 1 and 16.

Even if you are going to use polygon fills for the inner layers, it can be useful to define the inner layers as power planes to start (assuming you are manually routing). Then any ground and power nets will automatically connect when you add vias to the nets of a component. This can stop you accidentally routing power & ground which will later be connected through the power planes. At the end you can change the inner layers back to routing layers and draw your power/ground polygons with whatever shapes/cuts are required.

Keith.

---------- Post added at 11:05 ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 ----------

PS. one thing to remember is you need to generate 4 layer Gerbers using gerb274x-4layer.cam, not the gerb274x.cam.

That's fine generating CAM files how about the drills while doing 4 layer boards ?

For a 4 layer board blind and buried are a bit of overkill.
They are created either by laser or mechanicl drilling, it is how the board is built up during manufacter that's critical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back