Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

forward converter for inductive load

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticEB

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
i need to design a forward converter able to manage inductive and capacitive loads without problems of ringing or spikes.
Are there any tutorials on this matter, or are there any workaround for these kind of problems?
Are there efficients mos driver techniques or advises on designing a transformers for the purpose?
Thanks

I fear, the question is too vague, or at least ambiguous for a specific answer.

Does the question refer to the "foward converter" topology addressed in this previous threads?
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/275275/
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/278394/

The discussed circuit is different from a usual forward converter because it's apparently intended to transmit specific pulse waveforms rather than converting energy. In general terms, I don't see specific design properties of a "forward converter for inductive load". Referring to a specific problem, there might be a lot.

In general you would need to determine the control loop stability, as determined by the loop compensation, for the converter with all kinds of loads. A circuit simulator would likely be the easiest way to determine that. It has little to do with the transformer or drivers used in the circuit.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
In general you would need to determine the control loop stability, as determined by the loop compensation, for the converter with all kinds of loads. A circuit simulator would likely be the easiest way to determine that. It has little to do with the transformer or drivers used in the circuit.

could you explain me better your idea, with an example if is it possible? Thanks

The free simulator, LTSpice from Linear Technology can be used for such simulations.

What are the forward converter voltage and current requirements?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.