Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Formality stops, never finish

Status
Not open for further replies.

ywguo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I ran rtl vs. netlist formal verification using formality. It had never finished. It always stopped at status verifying. The design contains many multipliers and adders. I had even set some blocks as black box to reduce the complexity. It stopped at status verifying after more than 10 hours. It made me frustrated.

Any comments/advices are very appreciated.

Thanks
Yawei

try running a very stable version of Formality, 2004.06-SP3, to see if it's ok.

Check the timeout limit. Since you said, after 10 hours, it stopped, that means, your timeout limit is 10 hours. You can set it to any number of minutes/hours or even unlimited.
I can't remember what's the command. Check the solvnet or manual.

Check you constriant , major about you defined naming rule.

You have mentioned many multipliers and adders. Have you used DC ultra for synthesis? If you used ultra feature, that means multipliers and adders might be divieded and re-combined. Then formality might stopped because some uncertain mismatches.

I have use comform before, if like what newcpu said, it need some new feature to do this , you can read you document about multiplies and adder compare use which feature .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back