Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Formality between prescan and postscan netlist with scan logic enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawaz.mjcet

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
In formality while checking the logic equivalence between PRESCAN and POSTSCAN netlist ,we genreally disable the SCAN logic in scan inserted netlist i.e POSTSCAN and check it's equivalence against PRESCAN netlist and do we also the check the equivalence of POSTSCAN with scan logic enabled againt PRESCAN neltist??? if so ...how???.Please reply ASAP.

Thnaks in Advance,

-Regards,
Nawaz.

You could not check the prescan netlist with the posts can netlist with scan_enable=1, because the pin SE of flop is not connected on the prescan netlist and must be connected in the posts can netlist, and the netlist could not be equivalent.

hi rca,
thanks for your reply... i totally agree with you.....but how can i check whether scan insertion is done correctly or not in POST-SCAN netlist......???
Regards,
Nawaz.

You could check the scan is properly inserted by generated the scan pattern.
two objectives:
1- check scan properly inserted
2- coverage, this should be quasi the same with the final netlist, because mainly only buffers/inverter are inserted during PnR phases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back