Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FM transmitter on colpitts oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeller

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have designed a colpitts oscillator which works fine at 27HZ I have to turn it into an FM transmitter, what and where on the circuit should I add i.e diode microphone etc.I.e how do i turn this into a radio transmitter?

Many thanks in advance!

Because this is a common base type oscillator you can input audio from the microphone directly to the base of the transistor (using a DC coupling capacitor), turning the circuit into an FM modulator. And if using an antenna mutual coupled to L1 this can be a low range FM transmitter.
Other option is to place a varicap in parallel to C3, and modulate the bias of the varicap with the signal from the microphone

vfone,
Okay if i use the microphone, will the battery stay or do i need to remove it?also, how do I determine capacitor size?

Better is to remove the battery when doing the experiments.

Use a 100nF in series with the microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back