Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fixing hold violations in Innovus without inserting delay on setup timing paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

docdrew32

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
First time post, long time viewer. I've been using Cadence's Innovus P&R tool for several years now, but have not noticed this irritating feature until now because my timing has always been able to close. However, it seems like every time i run a command or set of commands to fix the hold violations, Innovus decides to also insert additional delay cells and/or buffers on my setup paths, even if those are already passing static timing analysis (STA). I have been digging through documentation and have even started a case with Cadence, but was optimistic someone else out there has figured out what commands are necessary to just fix the hold violations without degrading the setup timing.
thanks

I guess you have already used similar command:

setOptMode -fixHoldAllowSetupTnsDegrade false

the command above helps... but you got to remember that there is no such thing as a free lunch. if the hold violations are extensive, fixing them will impact setup. it could be one additional load here and there, something really small, but if your setup slack was 1ps and suddenly a new wire runs parallel to one of your critical nets, it will get more capacitive... and slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back