Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fire extinguishing robot (how to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~fuulthrottle~

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm doing my final year project like title above...

i like to make an automatic robot that can detect heat of fire from nearby,
after the sensor detects the heat, the robot will operates.
then the robot will search for the heat source.
after it finds fire. the robot will spray the extinguisher to that fire

i need suggestion on how to do this project from scratch...
-what type of circuit do i need?
-what type of motor to use?
-what type of sensor do i need?
-what type of microcontroller to use?
-how to do programming?

Hi,

Nice idea...
For this operation to get performed in a sequenced a manner you will need to centralized all the functions using a microcontroller... the choice will be yours be yours based on your previous knowledge about microcontrollers... i prefer PIC conrollers and a C compiler MikroC...
You can use thermal sensors like LM35 connected to the controller with ADC subroutine helps to measure temperature and put a threshold value (max temp) above which fire extinguisher has to work... for sensing temperature from multiple site use multiple sensors....
For the fire extinguisher to work use electromechanical valves which operates on applied voltage.....

thanks

I think i have read about this project before but i could not remember where.......

Hi,

Nice idea...
For this operation to get performed in a sequenced a manner you will need to centralized all the functions using a microcontroller... the choice will be yours be yours based on your previous knowledge about microcontrollers... i prefer PIC conrollers and a C compiler MikroC...
You can use thermal sensors like LM35 connected to the controller with ADC subroutine helps to measure temperature and put a threshold value (max temp) above which fire extinguisher has to work... for sensing temperature from multiple site use multiple sensors....
For the fire extinguisher to work use electromechanical valves which operates on applied voltage.....

thanks

Thanks...

can anyone suggest what type of monitoring device that i can use in this robot....
also i want to ask, is this type of automatic controlled robot can be combine with manual controlled in a single PIC....
does we need addition of programming or just using other PIC to control manually?

Status
Not open for further replies.