Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fingerprint recognition System in VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasmit

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fingerprint recognition project

Hi everybody,
I am a final year student of diploma in IT and I need to submit a project. I plan to submit a project on Fingerprint Recognition System. I have already developed the codes for Thinning and Pruning and also Minutiae Extraction but I do not know the image filtering to improve the quality of fingerprint images.

I am currently worling on sample images. I need to know about a good Fingerprint Scanner - I am thinking about the mictosoft fingerprint reader. Can it help? I also think that a scanner of resolution of 256X256 will slow down my execution speed. So I need to know the specifications of the reader.

I have some MATLAB code but it all goes above my head and I do not know how to convert it to C/C++/VB6. I don't want to do that.

I plan to capture the images taken by the scanner directly to my program and then do the image processing. In short its like this

1. Scan the image and capture it to program
2. Process the image
3. Do thinning and pruning (remove spurs)
4. Extract the minutae.
5. Store them OR match them
6. Display Result.

As for the classification of Fingerprints I am leaving it up to the user. The user can select one of the five types at the time of enrolling the fingerprint.

Please help me in IMAGE PROCESSING PART and the STORING AND MATCHING PART.

Do let me know iabout the Sample Codes.

Thanks very much!!!

fingerprint recognition in vb6

Hi,

I'm also doing Fingerprint Recognition System for my final year project, but I'm using MATLAB. Do you have the code in MATLAB? How do you extract the minutiae?

good fingerprint minutiae vb

Thanks,
I do the extraction of minutiae with the help of thinning process. There is a good litrature at

**broken link removed**

I had a MATLAB code, but I don't have it now as I'm doing my project in VB6.0 and I basically do not know MATLAB.

Plz send any Info you have. How do you do the Minutiae extraction by the way? (just explain the process)

Bye for now...

how to use fingerprint recognition in vb6.0

Hi,
ill too join with you guys... i have just choosed to do my project in Fingerprint Recognition System.. i have gathered some general ideas of this area..thats it. im good in VB 6.0 but i dont know to work in MATLAB.. how do i have to start my project.
HELP me with your views

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back