Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fingerprint biometrics systems project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fingerprint matching

Thanks, kiki for your attachment. About the neural network for classification, yes, I have some papers but they are not with me now. I will try upload them asap. In fact, I'm stuck in feature extraction now, so the neural network not yet implemented.

Added after 4 minutes:

Rajani,

I'm also using backpropagation for the fingerprint recognition. Now, I'm in the stage of feature extraction.
About the Ebook, coz of you're still new in here, so you have to wait 15days and 5 posts, then only you can download it.

I have a very specific question this time. Can anyone tell me how do we calculate the centre of the fingerprint?? I believe it is done using the multi-layer perceptron model as told by some people. Is it true?? If yes can some tell me the perticular details on how to implement it.:?:

Hi, kiki

I've looked at the files you attached here. Do you compute the orientation field and detect the singular points? As I see in your code, you detect the minutiae details, right? The FindTheta, is it used to compute the direction of the ridge in particular pixel in fingerprint? Anyway, thanx a lot, as the files may help me a lot.

Rajani,

In fact, I'm using neural network to recognize fingerprint, but not detect the centre point. Is it you want to detect the core points in fingerprint? You can try compute the orientation field, then detect the core point. This is what I'm doing. Sorry that the neural network paper I only can send you later. I remember that there's a paper introduce computing orientation field using multilayer backpropagation net.

i need matlab source code 4 thumb recognition........plzz help

Hi, kiki

I've tried your matlab code. It's a good job. Congratulation to you. You are able to detect the minutiae details on the fingerprint. However, there're some error when run the code. Keep in mind that in matlab, img(x,y) is the element of img in x-row and y-column. It's different from normal cartesian coordinate. p.m file has this error, as well as fingerprint.m. The problem is in the nested for loop. The error is index exceed matrix dimension. Change the x and y, then everything is going fine.

Hello, Leekk8,
thanxx for testing the code,
i knew that there is something wrong in code cuz it display point in places that dont include any minaetiae,
but, i didnt get ur idea about the error in the code,
about changing x , y...

would u plz edit the code and attach it or send it to my mail, so i can understand ur idea...

Hi, kiki

These files I've modified a bit in p.m and fingerprint.m. You can check is it ok when run.

Hi...
I tell you very important point for writing a code in hdl...
Go for TOP_DOWN design in order to have the code getting synthesised perfectly. Bcos synthesis is most important for ur code to get implemented in hardware mode.

Bye.

nice work uptill ........................

I m the student of final year BE and my final year project is to implement The Fingerprint recognition project on DSP TMS320C6713...........

So plz help me to find the way after the m files generation.......

Thanx in advance
Dipen Dudhat..........

Do anyone has matlab code Poincare index computation for fingerprint? I've done mine according to Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition method, but it cant work. If anyone of you has this, please help.

Dear Valzha Valamudan ,

The conversion from Mat-Lab to HDL

is really important role for biometric recognition and verification.

You can change it by these ways:

That has two ways to convert from Mat-Lab to HDL:

The first one is machine visual aid;

The second procedure is; you must used software:

That software can link with Mat-Lab

(1) C++ Programing

(2) Java Script encoding decoding platform.

Thats all.

Now, i didn't have any web-site.

My web-site is now under construction.

But you can study in **broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I would like to answer your Q:

Thank you for your Q !

Hello ,
i need to ask about converting matlab codes to .dll
i need any help...

hi all...Iam also working on fingerprint recognition, If any of have used pca n neuralnetworks for matching plz upload the code...

Hi,

does anybody could sell me a sample of the MBF200?
Or at least help me to find it?

Thanks

Eduardo

I've downloaded fingerprint databases (FVS2004)
but I have problem in using it.
the name of the file has format like this xxx_y.tif, where xxx=1-100 and y=1-8
what does it means ?

Is it something like this, ex : 1_1.tif 1_2.tif .... 1_8.tif
1_1.tif --> 1st person fingerprint
1_2.tif --> 1st person fingerprint, 2nd take
1_8.tif --> 1st person fingerprint, 8th take

thx before :)

Fingerprint matching

Thanks Guys , especially kiki for your help on feature extraction . Will help me alot with a couple of projects im workin on .

Hi

Can anyone help me about calculating Fingerprint orientation .

I implement it base on raymond Thai thesis , but not work corectly.

my implement is in the following

thanks in advanced

zahedpoor

----------------------------------
I=double(im);
f=fspecial('sobel');

Gx=imfilter(I,f);
Gy=imfilter(I,f');

Gxx= Gx.*Gx;
Gyy= Gy.*Gy;
Gxxyy= Gxx .* Gyy;
Gxy=2 .* Gx .* Gy;

Vx=double(zeros(size(im)));
Vy=zeros(size(im));
theta=zeros(size(im));

n=16;

[rows,cols]=size(im);

for i=n+1:rows-n
for j=n+1:cols-n
Vx(i,j)=sum(sum(Gxy( i-(n/2):i+n/2 -1, j-(n/2):j+n/2-1)));
Vy(i,j)=sum(sum(Gxxyy( i-(n/2):i+n/2-1 , j-(n/2):j+n/2-1)));
end
end

theta=pi/2 + 0.5 * atan2(Vy,Vx);

phi_x=cos(2 * theta);
phi_y=sin(2 * theta);

f=fspecial('gaussian',8,1);

phi_x=imfilter(phi_x,f);
phi_y=imfilter(phi_y,f);

Orientim=pi/2 + 0.5* atan2(phi_y,phi_x);

Fingerprint sensor

Hi Im last yaer student of electronic, and now i made my finishd project. "Fingerprint reconginization using fuzzy-neural network" . I have a sample of MBF200. I looking for free driver with documentation or vendor code to comunicate for USB (now I try use libusb0.dll from h**p://libusb-win32.sourceforge.net) my program can find the MBF200 on the USBbus) but i can't read or write register in the mbf200, becose i don't know how write the index register (in the index register is adress of register to write or read) in datash. is thet sensor function registers in USB mode are writing and read using control transers of vendor specyfic comands.

If you can help me thenk you very much

p.s. Sory for my english;)

Hi!
My last post (24X2006) is unactual. I find everythink what I need. My MBF200 work very good!!:D
By!!

Fingerprint matching

could any body help me in changing the image into its orientation field

Status
Not open for further replies.