Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding transfer function of simulink system

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng.amr2009

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I'm working on a filter design where the filter is modeled in Z-domain. I'm building the filter in simulink using basic elements and editing the fixed point data widths to prepare for RTL implementation.

The problem is I do not know the rules to set the width of integrator output as the integrator will overflow anyway. The effect of the fixed point width of the integrator on transfer function is unknown to me. I always worked using fdatool and did not experience this headache.

However, I built the filter using simulink. I need a way to be able to plot the transfer function of the filter built in simulink using basic elements so that I can compare to intended frequency response so that I can tweak my fixed point parameters to minimize discrepancy against intended transfer function.

The attached screenshot is for the filter implementation. The fixed point data is not finalized yet.

Attachments

• filter.png
    filter.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 79

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back