Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Finding .S2P file in ADS, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Ceesuns

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone, I'm new to these boards. I'm an experienced RF engineer, but just now learning ADS after years of touchstone, libra, AWR etc. I originally posted this question in EDA forum, then found this forum and wonder if my question is better suited here. Thanks in advance for what I know will be knowledgeable help.

Greetings,
I am learning ADS using 2008. I am working thru example designs using an HP 41411 .S2P file I found in examples. How do I locate what other transistor S-Parameter files are included? How can I build (or modify and rename an existing .S2P file) for other transistor S-Parameters. I'm used to the old Libra and Microwave office where I can list the SPara starting with Freq, S11 mag/phase etc. Any help is appreciated. I did find the transistor libraries but cannot open them to see what is included.
thanks,
gene

Thanks, Actually all I'm trying to do is open the library to see what other .S2P models are provided.
-If there is a way to copy an S2P file, change the S-Parameters, and rename it for whatever transistor I want to use in a design, better yet.
-Is there a way to list the contents of the transistor models to see what else is there?
Any suggestions?
thx

Thanks, Actually all I'm trying to do is open the library to see what other .S2P models are provided.
-If there is a way to copy an S2P file, change the S-Parameters, and rename it for whatever transistor I want to use in a design, better yet.
-Is there a way to list the contents of the transistor models to see what else is there?
Any suggestions?
thx

Keysight's OA s-parameters vendor library is crypted ( not ASCII ) you cannot open this library in order to extract the s-parameters of a component.
But you can do that : After installation of the library, you can put the component which you're interested in from this library on a blank schematic and you do a simple s-parameter simulation by terminating input and output with 50 Ohm.Then you can export these s-parameters into a file by aid of Data Exporter utility then you do your manupulations in this file after that you can call this file in a s-parameter simulation block.It's a bit tricky but would work..

The contents are not listed of this library but it's pretty obvious when you look at the files' names.This library is normally placed under <Keysight Directory>/oalibs as zipped.

I don't understand what you are trying to do.

You want to create an S2P file and insert your own, known S-parameters? That is easy because you just need a text editor. The file format is plain ASCII text and the syntax is documented: http://www.eda.org/pub/ibis/connector/touchstone_spec11.pdf

In ADS, you just need to place an "S2P" element and browse to your file. That's it.

For other transistors, if you want to use the S-parameters (= linear data for a fixed bias point), you can usually find them for download on the device manufacturers websites. These usually come in S2P file format.
Nonlinear models are different, because they usually come with a simulator-specific library. For ADS, there are two different, incompatible library formats:
- designkits for ADS2009 and older
- designkits for ADS 2011 and newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back