Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

finding footprint for RF connector model

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, In the datasheet shown below they sat that the RF connector is CONN,SMA,FEM,W/.500 FLNG.
When i tried to google it i could find such model.
what is the formal name, so i could find its foot print in digikey?
Thanks.
1710663644670.png

Drilling down the supplier search engines does not yield the best results.

It is better to simply search the description "CONN,SMA,FEM,W/.500 FLNG"

and/or without abbreviations Connector, SMA, Female with 0.5 " Flange and then add max GHz or End-launch for more complex connectors with better control and more precision ($$).

These may include OEM's with stock in the major distributors, then you may learn how they sort the categories.
e.g.
  1. All Products
  2. Connectors
  3. MIL-Spec / MIL-Type
  4. RF Mil Spec Connectors
  5. Amphenol / SV Microwave M39012/60-3001

Last edited:
Obviously this connector doesn't fit the shown PCB due to protruding teflon insulator.
It may be possible to use this with a precision U shape ground clamped over the protrusion or better a thick gnd. plate for case mounting. The price is certainly attractive but test verification is essential.

I'm reading the thread so that yefi is looking for a connector that fits the original PCB design. It's clearly similar to post #4, Fig.2.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back