Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

find some advices about a wide input current reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

zj850908

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,all
Now, i want to design a current reference circuit with standard 0.35 TSMC tech. The only spec is that it has a wide range of Vdd(3-10V).
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You can use a bandgap reference to generate it.

I don't remember the name of the circuit but you can also use a a simple n-channel current mirror(1:N) with a resistor between the source and ground of N-size MOSFET. The load for both the transistors is a p-channel current-mirror load. I think it is some variation of Wilson current mirror.

zj850908

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
kishore2k4 said:
You can use a bandgap reference to generate it.

I don't remember the name of the circuit but you can also use a a simple n-channel current mirror(1:N) with a resistor between the source and ground of N-size MOSFET. The load for both the transistors is a p-channel current-mirror load. I think it is some variation of Wilson current mirror.

I know the circuit that you said. But the key point of the reference is that when vdd is 3v, it can work ,aslo when vdd is 10v. At the same time, we must guarantee every transisitors without overstress,which means the transisitor's Vgs,Vds,Vgb are not exceed 5V(because we use the 5V transisitor).
Because when the vdd is 10v,it also can work,so we use the cascode structure.But this leads it can't work when vdd is 3v.

Can't you use a simple voltage regulator that generates your internal 3V suppl?.

zj850908

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
JoannesPaulus said:
Can't you use a simple voltage regulator that generates your internal 3V suppl?.

Is it easy to realize a simple votage regulator that generates 3v supply form 10v Vin without high-voltage transisitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back