Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

final year project..(infrared car engine starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fzanbas it sounds to me that you want somebody to design it for you, I have read the topic and I think you can clearly say GIVE UP, It aslo so sound like your a beginer which I think is the wrong project for you to start with.

The real easy would would be have another key cut SIMPLE. You go out start the car with one key then lock the door with the other key HOw simple was that. but like old nick said You'll also probably void your insurance if soe one smashed window.
The other way could be use a keypad to start car then lock doors then you have no key in the car.
Personally I would I give up by now to much stuff to think about
wizpic

fzanbas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i`m not give up..
this is my idea..
i must do it..

:|

Hello fzanbas,

Its good that you have your own idea for your project. You told that the purpose is to warm up the engine. Is it really required for the modern cars to warm up the engine before drive? I am not fully convinced with your idea. I suggest you to have a search on internet about your idea.

https://ask.metafilter.com/30641/Should-I-warm-my-car-up-before-I-drive

fzanbas

thanks joby16..

i accept this is not a good idea because i just downgrade the actual technology..
because in the modern car..we also use RF and Bluetooth as a medium for a long distance..

infrared signal has many problems like cannot through the object blocked and it for a short distance..

as a result,i change the topic with infrared engine starter..so,i will use this design at motorcycle with electric starter which has no mirror (like cars window) and it easy to detect infrared signal.

is it possible and very effective:?:

Bro
Starting the car engine is pretty simple in non EFI cars. The first thing that u have to do is to open the KEY unit where u insert the key to start, its has 3 positions ACC, ON& START. Trace out the wires for ON & START position & connect these wires with 2 separate Relays (10A) use drivers for these relays. The pic shown below is a Distributor of a Carburetor Engine, the purpose of the distributor is to generate pulses at the right time for HV coil to produce HT & to ignite each plug at right time, if ur engine is 4 cylinder then it will give 4 pulses for 1 complete revolution at point (A),

take the signal from point (A) pass it through a voltage limiter (resistances & zener diodes) then invert the signal pass it through voltage divider & then feed it to the Microcontroller, in ur case the purpose of using these pulses is to monitor the engine RPM. Locate the Oil Pressure Sensor,
Assuming that the transmission is in Neutral Position, engine is equipped with auto chock mechanism & fully in a tuned condition:

fzanbas

wow..very interesting knowledge..:D

thanks bro..may i have ur email:?:

Follow the following steps:-
1) Trigger the ON Relay & wait for 1 sec.
2) Trigger the STARTER Relay & at the same time keep on scanning the engine RPM if it reaches above 400RPM then turn off the STARTER Relay & wait for few seconds.
3) Keep on spooling the RPM & engine Oil pressure. If the engine Oil pressure reaches below the certain value turn OFF the engine & display the WARNING message. if the RPM reaches below 300rpm then restart the engine ,set the # of attempts and the duration b/w them as required.
4) Keep on spooling the Engine temperature if it reaches required temperature trun off the engine (Optional)
---> goto step 3

If in case the engine is not equipped with auto chock mechanism then it will be very tedious to start the engine in winters then in such situation u need a servo control to pull out the chock,
Plz mention ur car model & engine type written on the engine block

How to calculate RPM:-

Capture the time b/w 2 consecutive pulses (T)
F = 1/T
RPM = (F x 60) / 4 // assuming four cylinder engine

Using IR is not a good idea u have to point the TX towards the RX + LOS must be cleared for Successful error free transmission better to go for RF

If u need more details contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back