Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

final year project..(infrared car engine starter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fzanbas

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
car final year project

hello everybody..
i want to design n create infrared car engine starter..

System consists at three parts :
1) mobile phone (nokia 7390)
2) Infrared receiver
3) Microcontroller
PIC 16F877
will anybody help me..

Added after 4 minutes:

this is the flow chart about this system..

pre final year automobile engine projects

You'll need to include some device to check that the car is not in gear before you try and start it remotely.

fzanbas

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
car voltage starter project

what device i must include in this project to detect that the car in gear position or not??

can you explain with detail the item and describe the functional??:D

transmit infrared to mobile

I don't know how you would check for that, but I do know what would happen if you started a car in gear.
Ideally you'd have a system that would check for that, and put the car into neutral before starting the engine. I guess this would only be feasable on an automatic. My knowledge of the mechanics of a car is not such that I can talk with any authority.

fzanbas

i see..i will check the item..

i will create infrared receiver circuits..can it detect infrared signal from mobile phone??

:?:

Hi,

Since the usual car gear system is purely a mechanical one, identifying the gear position will be a difficult task. But in advanced cars there will be an electronic control unit (ECU) for the transmission system too. However communication to this ECU normally will not be possible. You may try putting a GSM chip inside the car to communicate to the mobile instead of using the infrared.

By the way what is the application of this project? Even if you start the vehicle remotely also what is the purpose if you can’t move it around?

fzanbas

the purpose of this project is to start the engine for warm it up in the morning..

i mean the gear position is always in neutral..

how can i start the engine by using infrared from mobile phone:?:

in my opinion,i will transmit infrared signal from mobile phone..then,infrared receiver circuit will detect the signal and connect with PIC 16F877..after that,the PIC will turn the relay..and the engine start running..

what should i do:?:

OK. How do you transmit the infrared from your mobile phone? If you want to use infrared then better you should make your on transmitter which can transmitt infrared signals.

fzanbas

why i cant use the mobile phone as infrared transmitter??

The data send/ receive in a mobile is controlled by the firmware/ OS of the device. As we don't have access to those softwares how can we send our data? and even if u send some commands how the PIC understand the data (Communication Protocol) send by the phone? If u have some idea please share with me too..

fzanbas

so..mobile phone must be programming with OS program like java or python..

so..its very difficult..

so..what type of receiver n transmitter circuit can i use in this project..

about the PIC16F877..i dont have any idea at this time..
:|

thanks..
i think i cant start the engine via infrared from mobile phone coz the mobile phone cct not same as tv remote control..

what should i do now:?::?:

You'll also have to bypass any anti theft sysems in your car. Most modern cars have such systems in place to prevent the car being started without the keys etc. Your car alarm may also have to be bypassed.
You'll also probably void your insurance by including such a device in the car (especially if it is possible to start it in gear), and I guess that would not be road legal in most countries either.
It's an interesting project, but I think there are far too many problems for somrthing like this to be tackled in a hoby project.

fzanbas

so..can u suggest me,where i must put this topic at this forum..

i`m a newbie in this forum..:|

fzanbas said:
so..can u suggest me,where i must put this topic at this forum..

i`m a newbie in this forum..:|

There's nothing wrong with the forum you've entered this topic in. I just feel that there are too many problems associated with doing this, that it is impractical for anyone other than a group working in the automobile industry to take on.
To put such a system in a car intended for use on the road, it would need extensive saftey testing and be passed by the Ministry of Transport etc. before you could insure and legaly drive the vehicle on the road. This would cost 10's of thousands of pounds. That's not even taking into account the technical difficulties mentioned previously.
The transmitting and recieving of Data by IR, is in itself pretty straight forward, but it is getting the car to do everything it needs to before starting in non-trivial. And seriously, you do need to either engage the clutch remotely and/or place the car in neutral prior to starting. Just one remote start with the car in gear could be catastrophic.

fzanbas

if anybody have idea:?:

can anybody assist me to complete this project:?:

this is basic kettering ignition design..

i must turn the coils for point B touching each other to running the engine..

hallu fzanbas,,,,,
ur nick sound really familiar to my fren
btw,,,gud luck for ur ir engine starter,,

regard
bend wh0nx

Hai fzanbas
The idea is quite simple. Here is the description of a project i found 3 projects which may be implimented by you and are related to similar concept. Just go through the same. May help you. Copied from www.united77.com
Wireless fool proof keyless entry system for cars
In contrast to present keys which can be duplicated easily in seconds, presented here is a totally wireless keyless entry system which is completely fool proof and too the key of this gadget is copy proof. Master units comprises a LCD and a master switch to start/ Stop the car and the hand held key is a wireless module transmitting different codes each time the switch is pressed which synchronizes with the pre-fed master codes stored in the Master unit and after confirmation of an valid code, the unit displays command to start the car. Thus the person having the key only will have the access to the car.
Secured Access control system with Tamper protectionAccess control system described here is based on 89C52 is based on digital passwords up to 10 digits for having access to a secured area. The door status is constantly monitored and displayed on a 16x2 LCD module and is highly secured even in an event of power failure. Wrong password protection for 3 attempts and a master code for resetting the system is provided in the system. An intermittent warning buzzer for password tampering and a loud siren is provided to door tampering detection. A on board relay is provided with a 3 Pin connector for any external loads to be connected.
RFID based Keyless lock with Atmel 89C52
Just imagine you at your door of your house and it unlocks as you are nearby or when you wave your wallet waved at its reader. The access to the door is only granted to those persons having a valid RFID card. In case you loose your card, still you can open the door by just entering the 10 digit master code provided with the kit. The door status is constantly monitored and displayed on a 16x2 LCD module and is highly secured even in an event of power failure. Wrong password protection for 3 attempts with intermittent warning buzzer for password tampering and a loud siren is provided to door tampering detection. A on board relay is provided with a 3 Pin connector for any external loads to be connected. In case of invalid card is swiped, the system is deactivated for 60 seconds. The kit will be provided with a RFID reader module, Master kit module, and two valid RFID cards.

Hope this will help!! Good luck

fzanbas

may you guide and assist to create this project??

i want create and design car engine starter via infrared??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back