Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

filter designed with invfreqz to filter .wav file

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesting

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I am fairly new with matlab and filter design but having some fun with it. Any help or feedback appreciated.

I have created 39th order filter using invfreqz based on data I collected with an oscilloscope of an analog filter over the frequency range 0-20khz. The matlab digital filter is spot on to my oscilloscope measurements of the analog filter when I compare using freqz. I now wish to apply this filter to a .wav file with sample rate=44100 hz so I can play it back and observe the results through the soundcard. The only part I dont get is how to apply the a,b coefficients to the wav data. If I simply use "filter(b,a,x)" I get complex numbered output that will never playback as a .wav data. I am obviously going about this wrong. Where do I go from here?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
JB

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.