Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fifth order passive LP chebyshev filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

karakurto

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chebyshev filter design steps

Hi,

I am trying to design a fifth order lowpass chebyshev filter using gyrators.
I need the transfer function of fifth order passive LP chebyshev filter. I tried to obtain it by myself but got drown in the parameters. Can anyone help me or does anybody know a pdf about it? I added the photo of the passive network.
Thanks[/img]

Don't try to get the transfer function. Design (or find the values from tables, Matlab) your passive filter, create the signal-flow graph and from there design the active equivalent.

karakurto said:
Hi,

I am trying to design a fifth order lowpass chebyshev filter using gyrators.
I need the transfer function of fifth order passive LP chebyshev filter. I tried to obtain it by myself but got drown in the parameters. Can anyone help me or does anybody know a pdf about it? I added the photo of the passive network.
Thanks[/img]

The following steps are necessary:
Alternative A:
1.) Use a filter design program to find all component values (for example:aade.com, it is free)
2.) Then you must apply the BRUTON transformation to convert all L´s into R`s and all C´s into FDNR units.
3.) Then you can realize all FDNR´s with opamps.

Alternative B: It is easier to built a 5th order filter by cascading two 2nd order active stages and one passive stage. That means not to use a passive filter as a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back