Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FEKO Problem: Placing a wire into two different medium...

Status
Not open for further replies.

haydar

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In my FEKO design, there is a wire, half of it is in a dielectric sphere and other half is in free space.
When I try to solve this geometry it gives an error:

The two segments at the node 14 are located in different media
ERROR 130: Segments in different media are connected

Question is that: How can I place a wire into two different medium? I attached all related files.

Thank in advance.

Re: FEKO Problem: Placing a wire into two different medium..

Have you tried putting two wires and assigning them to the corresponding media? They would be electrically interconnected, of course.

No problems apart from coarse segmentation warning encountered in FEKO 5.4

E7K

Inside the dielectric, wavelength is smaller than outside, so you should then specify a finer segmentation on the wires. You won't lose much memory though, wires are simple numerical models.

D.

I don't know if you already solved your problem or not, but here is my advice. Create the segment portion remaining in the sphere and the portion in free space seperately. But you should combine those two lines before creating your mesh, so that they are electrically connected (you can combine them simply using "Union parts" button).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back