Not open for further replies.

RFCD

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I do my first steps in Feko and I have a problem with the feed pin of a patch antenna.
First I use Antenna Magus to export a pin feeded stacked patch antenna.
In Feko I do some changes so that I reach the best result for me, that was working fine...

Now I rebuild this antenna with the results of the first antenna because of course I have no
infinity ground and substrate. The problem for me is to connect the edge port to the "copper"
feed pin. The Pin ends on the same hight like the patch and it starts 2mm under the groundplane
because there will be a small circuit board. On the groundplane a spare out a small part so that
the feed pin has no contact to the ground plane.

I think the "mechanical" design is right, but if I try to connect an Edge Port to the feed pin I get
the message: "The specified faces do not have any common edges where the port can be applied"

I take all feed pin faces to positive faces and the groundplane face to negative faces...

So I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, maybe somebody can explain me what I do wrong.
I read the manual and searched the board, but I cannot find a helpful hint for my problem.

Tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…