Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FEKO Error 3849 Wrong Specification of the Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggriffin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FEKO Error 3849

I'm using FEKO full edition to investigate heating induced in a metallic catheter inside a patient being imaged by an MR scanner. I'm trying to model a coaxial cable partially embedded in a finite chunk of dielectric (simulating human tissue). After meshing I consistently get "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle. It worked fine with just my coax model but when I put in the dielectric it won't work.

Does anybody know what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks, G

Dear sir,
I'm Thirumal Murugan doing my M.E., in Anna-university chennai . Sir i am doing project in feko software for constructing frequency selective surface. I am getting same "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle. Please help me to solve that error.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Dear sir,
I'm Thirumal Murugan doing my M.E., in Anna-university chennai . Sir i am doing project in feko software for constructing frequency selective surface. I am getting same "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle, while using dielectric as soon as the mesh is over. Please help me to solve that problem.

Re: FEKO Error 3849

You can increase the mesh resolution to solve this. This error happen when the dielectric and metal region overlaps.

The Help Centre on their website has a list of Warnings and Errors by number. Maybe see if you can get a fix for the error there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back