Not open for further replies.

greggriffin

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
FEKO Error 3849

I'm using FEKO full edition to investigate heating induced in a metallic catheter inside a patient being imaged by an MR scanner. I'm trying to model a coaxial cable partially embedded in a finite chunk of dielectric (simulating human tissue). After meshing I consistently get "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle. It worked fine with just my coax model but when I put in the dielectric it won't work.

Does anybody know what might be causing this or how to fix it?

Thanks, G

Dear sir,
I'm Thirumal Murugan doing my M.E., in Anna-university chennai . Sir i am doing project in feko software for constructing frequency selective surface. I am getting same "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle. Please help me to solve that error.

---------- Post added at 13:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Dear sir,
I'm Thirumal Murugan doing my M.E., in Anna-university chennai . Sir i am doing project in feko software for constructing frequency selective surface. I am getting same "ERROR 3849: Wrong specification of the medium for a metallic triangle, while using dielectric as soon as the mesh is over. Please help me to solve that problem.

Re: FEKO Error 3849

You can increase the mesh resolution to solve this. This error happen when the dielectric and metal region overlaps.

The Help Centre on their website has a list of Warnings and Errors by number. Maybe see if you can get a fix for the error there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…