Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Feeding stack patch, hfss project

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppaaa

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, Im working on a hfss project which i am supposed to make an antenna resonating L1 and L2 bands, I included the prototype sheet to my attachement.

The problem is in my s11 report only L2 band is working, which is via lower patch, and upper patch is having no effect.

I think the problem is with feeding but don't know why. I am using a coaxial probe feed, coax touching the first substrate from below, and the probe is connected to it going to top and touching upper patch, which is explained in the sheet im given.

But the result only showing antenna resonating at 1.2xx ghz' ish area.

Im pretty sure its about upper patch not working, because i tried removing the upper patch and still getting the same result.

I included my hfss file, a result screeny and the sheet to my attachment.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks for reading.

Attachments

• project.rar
    425.9 KB · Views: 109

And noticed a weird thing, when i remove the lower patch from the design, upper patch works perfectly at L1(1575mhz), when i add the lower patch it doesn't.. I feel like talking to myself but whatever.. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i solved the problem myself... For anyone desinging a stacked patch in the future, the hole in the lower patch should be GREATER than the radius of your feed conductor, not as equal...

Status
Not open for further replies.