Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Feeding a CPW using an ege port in Ansoft Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1985

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to use an edge port to feed a coplanar waveguide antenna in Ansoft Designer. My design does not have a ground plane or metallized signal layer. It is simply a copper layer sitting on top of a substrate.

I have selected the edges of the two ground planes and the inner conductor, and assigned an edge port to them. I then select "Gap Source" and "Use Port Solver" so that it calculates the input impedance, instead of normalizing it to 50 Ohms.

When I plot S11 versus frequency after I have run the simulation, I get S-parameter values in excess of 0 dB, which is impossible. Is this just something that Ansoft Designer doesn't handle very well, or is there an option I'm not aware of to make it work? The design works fine in Ansoft HFSS.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back