Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FDTD Plane Wave Simulation without TF/SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RezaJ.A.Z

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I've been simulating a TMz wave in free space. However, while updating Ez, Hx, and Hy I see no signs of a plane wave! The wave is sort of problematic. I mean I don't see the straigh wavefronts, but just some curved wavefronts. I wonder what TF/SF does which outputs a plane wave from the same simulation?

Bests,

Your problem could be many things. The fact that you see nothing suggests that you simply adding zeros to your grid. Check out Lectures 7, 8, and 15 here:

**broken link removed**

Hope this helps!

Your problem could be many things. The fact that you see nothing suggests that you simply adding zeros to your grid. Check out Lectures 7, 8, and 15 here:

**broken link removed**

Hope this helps!

Actually I did see waves propagating, but the point is the waves weren't in plane shape!
I mean what do you expect from the waves propagating away from the source in free space? Obviously, to change to plane wavefronts. By the way It's better to add that I used an additive E-field on a single row in the solution domain as the source. In other words a sine function has been assigned to all of the nodes located on this row.

Thanks for the website rrumpf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back