Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FCC Rule 15.245 Vs 15.249

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyctsiu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I am planning to make a device which operates at 915Mhz frequency and trying to make it compliance to FCC rules. No frequency hopping.

I am not sure whether I should follow 15.245 or 15.247 as it seems there might be some contradictions:

In 15.245, it says the maximum field strength of fundamental is 500mV/M
while in 15.249, it says the maximum field strength of fundamental is just 50mV/M

Which rule should I follow?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Last edited:

It's all in the FCC text. In a short, the 500 mV/m (about 19 dBm ERP) applies for wide band and frequency hopping transmitters.

A brief explanation under which prerequisites the higher field strength limits can be utilized is given in TI design note DN036
**broken link removed**

if it is a non-cw signal, you can time average to meet the specificaitons.
I'm no so familiar with interpretation of FCC regulations, but I read from §15.35, that averaging is only applied above 1000 MHz, while regular quasi peak measurement has to be used below 1000 MHz.

I had a 915 MHz system where it applied. I will try to find the rules.

Reactions: FvM

FvM

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back