Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fast pwm generation for h-bridge inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odion

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello I am a newbie here, can someone give some advice,links, steps on how to generate fast pwm 16khz for low side drives and 50hz for high side drives?

For a quick answer here's a common method to generate SPWM pulses. Each pulse length derives from the sine at a given point on the waveform.

op amp generates sine PWM from 2kHz sawtooth and 50 Hz sine positive portion.png

This creates SPWM for only one transistor during one-half of the AC cycle. Its counterpart transistor ('kitty-corner') conducts during that time. The other two transistors are shut off.

Then transistors exchange roles during the second half of the cycle.

Reactions: Odion

Odion

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
An example, single chip, most chip resources still left for other tasks -

SPWM.JPG

DS1Z_QuickPrint1.png

Regards, Dana.

Attachments

• SPWM.JPG
    SPWM.JPG
    419.9 KB · Views: 183

Hello!

Hello I am a newbie here, can someone give some advice,links, steps on how to generate fast pwm 16khz for low side drives and 50hz for high side drives?

I'm not sure about what you mean by "fast pwm 16khz for low side drives and 50hz for high side".
Usually you want to generate a PWM with a given frequency and a variable duty.
I would suggest to do it with a microcontroller, because you have PWM-capable timers on most of
the MCUs. Once you get one to work, for example 16 kHz, you can build another slower one if you want.

omsakthi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I'm not sure about what you mean by "fast pwm 16khz for low side drives and 50hz for high side".
Usually you want to generate a PWM with a given frequency and a variable duty.
It refers to a simplified 2 quadrant inverter pwm scheme that switches asynchronously between transistor and free-wheeling diode instead between two transistors. This kind of inverters can only power resistive load and typically produces waveform distortions when connecting an output filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.