Not open for further replies.

ulrikp

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Faraday cage basics

The other day at work, a higher ranked engineer claimed that my faraday cage won't work because it's not an actual "cage" but solid a metal (Al) box. I felt stupid asking him why for the third time, so now I'm posting here: Is there really any physical argument that says that it must be a cage (made of threads) and not a solid box?

Faraday cage basics

I found the following link which appears to be helpful: https://www.physlink.com/education/askexperts/ae176.cfm.
BTW I have entered a large Faraday room made of 1/2 inch lead in which a "Giant" Tesla coil was set to work. The room provided an effective shield at those frequencies.

ulrikp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi Ulrik,
These is a joke with "beginners/news" ...
Maybe you are heared over another tradition for a full beginner in a workshop; the older will he send to the "maestro" for some "fat for files" , or in some languages is phase angle or phase degree is to say/use as: "phase nail"_of course must bring the new person/student a half kg of "phase nail" from corporates mechanical parts stock or from some dealer ...
Btw: a shild is so better as thighter/fuller material is, as "poor mystic" mentioned too.
K.

ulrikp

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…