Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fan regulation using PIC18f4550

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsAbk

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends,

I've achieved control of fan speed using triac and zero crossing detection circuit. But there is a constant humming sound in fan because of the frequent turn on and turn off of the fan by spliced AC wave since I am using phase angle control to control fan speed.

On seeing a fan regulator in google, I found that they use an inductor in the regulators available in the market. But on searching in the market, I wasnt able to get such regulators and I dont know the specifications of the inductor and hence could get a custom made inductor too. Can anyone help me in removing that humming of fan?

I need to obtain a smooth continuous wave which is average voltage sort of wave to run the fan. Any suggestions will be appreciated......

**Google doesn't know all the things....so we're here friends**
:D

If you are using controller try PWM technique and give pulses to ur triac and vary pulse width to speed up or sspeed down.

Status
Not open for further replies.