Hossam Alzomor

Take a look at 8-pin microcontrollers from Microchip and Philips:
- PIC12F50X
**broken link removed**
- P89LPC90X
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

it depends on what you mean by "low cost". I could help you alot more if I knew your budget.

You can get several PICs like the 12F50X for under a buck but none of them have 4K of flash rom. The closest is the 16F688 which is a 14 pin chip with 4K words of flash - about $2 for 1. To get to 8K, you have to go to a larger package and larger cost. Also, the PIC is pretty clumsy when dealing with data in program memory - I assume that's what you want the memory for.

I think the 8 pin Z8 encores have a lot of program memory but, iirc, run about $3. Nice chip, mediocre dev envt. IMHO...

The AVRs are a reasonable choice. The Atiny85 has 8K of flash in an 8 pin package but is around $2.75 q1. but... I'm not sure it's available yet. the 4K version the Atiny45 is at around $2.00

Hi

Thanks for your replies but dose 12F50X have a C compiler for it?

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

"CC5X free edition. Try the free compiler edition on your projects and find out why so many programmers have become enthusiastic about CC5X."
**broken link removed**

Regards,
IanP

You can try the Philips microcontrollers: LPC9xx based C51 or LPC21xx based ARM7, LPC90x is just US$0.7 per pc! LPC21xx just US$2 per pc, this is the lowest cost with highest performance.

please click:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.