Not open for further replies.

oskarbjo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone!

I am developing a proof-of-concept design where I will need to mount SMA connectors to coax cables. I want to be able to simulate the setup properly and would like to have an S-parameter model of the connectors that I have mounted myself.

I did some measurements and concluded that it wouldn't really be much of a problem to just represent the connectors with a short section of coax, but I am doing this as a part of a master thesis and I think it would be nice to be able to include some stuff like this.

I am familiar with the concept of de-embedding S-parameters, but in my case, the setup looks different. De-embedding usually looks something like **broken link removed**, but my DUT:s will instead be on the left and the right (mirrored), and the middle component will be known.

So, my idea is that I mount two connectors to a coax cable of known length. I will essentially have a back-to-back symmetric setup. Would it be possible to extract the connector S-parameters like this? Are there any other methods for measuring connectors? Would really appreciate any help!

Oskar

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…