Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of GSM and CDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

soham

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to know about gsm,cdma briefly if you have any soft copy please send to my email id(soham_btech@yahoo.co.in).:D

Re: cdma,gsm

if you want to know briefly tthen wikipedia is a good option.

hey hi.......Just search in on Wikipedia....the brief explanation is given there....or you may go for any communication book like Simon Hakyins,Kennedy.....!!

basically in GSM we multiply carrier with information signal as in a typical transceiver.
But in CDMA we also multiply it with CHIPs i.e. spream spectrum signal .
Hence for demodulation we need chips also.

gsm is a TDMA, FDD protocol while the basic of CDMA is code division. to understand CDMA u can imagine that there are many people in a room talking in pairs however every pair is talking in a different language (code) which no other pair can understand so there can be as many talking pairs (one base station many mobiles) as there can be different languages (codes). however increasing pairs (codes) will also increase the noise (technical jargon:noise floor) in the room thus making each conversation difficult to understand. from this one can understand that there is no hard capacity limit in CDMA unlike gsm and in cdma one can add as much traffic (theoratically) untill the noise become unbearable. Hope this description helped in grasping the basic!

cdma,gsm

You can find lots of book about GSM and CMDA within this web site. Search very carefully. Or you can refer the book Wireless Communication by Rappaport. This is very nice book to understand about the cellular concept. If you want this book, it is in edaboard site along with its solution mannaul

GSM is TDMA based TDMA :- time division Multiple access ) on the time sharing based users access the band alloted :-

and CDMA ( code division Multiple access ) users are assigned a specific code and they will have access on the channel based on that code ....

I am attaching a word document please go through that ... some what it says about the basics of both with help of diagram ...

there are some of the software packeges are also there which does analysis using these ...

tell me if u need the details of those

cdma,gsm

let me add some more info about it ...
recently I read in bussiness today magzine that as per the market wise share GSM has more suscribers then CDMA...
and most of the operators in Austrila and brazil are even shifting to GSM from CDMA ...
CDMA is good for rular areas....

cdma,gsm

All posts above need points. How to get points? Plz let me know.

Hi,

Just help other member by relevant posts.
Read the forum rules.....
Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back