Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explanation of Fading and its types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamidzia

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Fading

Anybody plz explain

Fading and its types.

Re: Fading

Look for this book on the eDonkey:

"The Mobile Radio Propagation Channel - Wiley&Sons"

I have it, but it's too large for uploading - 47M.

yev15 :D

In general there are two sources. The first is attenuation through the path. This is more important at HF sky wave signals and does not occur noticeable on VHF local signals.

Multipath is the source of most fading. This is where the signal arrives over two or more paths and they have different lengths which produce different phases at the receiver antenna. On HF sky wave this is usually two paths. On VHF local it can be many.

The different statistics of the resulting amplitude is based on the number of paths and their signal strengths relative to each other.

Do u have any idea about

Rapid wideband fading

&

Slow narrowband fading

my lecturer's slide on small scale propagation

Fading

i know when multipath exist, fading is frequency selective. the channel can be simmulated by taped delay linear filter. you can conctrol the taps of the filter as you need.

when the signal of transmiter receive in receiver from more than one way our signal may be fade. because they may eliminate the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back