Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explaination for Photo diode circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhillife11

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I need a help with the attached circuit below. Here I know the reason for using a OP-AMP and IC AD694.
OP-AMP is used for current to voltage conversion whereas AD654 is used for voltage to frequency conversion. My problem is with the area in that RED box. Why are so my components used and how does it work. I see a diode which i assume is for reverse blocking. But I can see a zener too. Whether it is used to maintain a voltage of -2.5V is what I want to know. Can anyone explain me the logic behind that circuit in RED BOX.

PHOTODIODE.gif

Thanks and Regards

Nikhil :-D

BMP image replaced with GIF format which can be viewed in the browser and is smaller in size [alexan_e]

Last edited by a moderator:

D7 and C10 don't belong to the red box. The remaining parts are generating a small negative offset voltage for the V/f converter.

You didn't ask about it, but the input stage as shown isn't a current-to-voltage converter and won't work without a DC feedback.

Hello FVM,

Can You explain this in detail and what about D7 and C10. Whats there use here. Also how is this negative offset voltage created and whats that offset voltage. Whether as per my assumption is it -2.5V.

Thanks and Regards
Nikhil

---------- Post added at 06:33 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

Also,

As i know Photo diode is a current sourcing device,So the input stage. But if its not a current to voltage amp then what is this op amp used for. Can you guide me on the same and share any good link or ebook for opamps .

thanks and regards

Nikhil

Status
Not open for further replies.