Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Explain me the Time Diversity concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

urwelcome

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Mobile user moving with speed of 30km/h have more time Diversity as compared to one moving with 3km/h.

I don't understand how this is analytically,I mean how does this relate with coherence time or coherence bandwidth.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Time Diversity

coherence time is related to the doppler frequency, which is related to the relative speed of the TX and RX.

(Δt)c = 1/fD

where (Δt)c and fD denote the coherence time and maximum doppler frequency , respectively.

fD is directly related to the speed of vehicle with the following formula (if i remember correctly:D):

fD=f0.v/C≈1080×f0(MHz) / v(Km/h)
So if a mobile user moves faster , the doppler freq. is greater and the coherence time will be smaller , which means that it has more time diversity.

for more information refer to Proakis's Digital Communications 4th ed. book

i hope it helps you

regards

Time Diversity

channel impulse response for the faster one varies faster so you have lower coherence time and consequently more diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back