Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Experience with Rabbit Core Modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapdog

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Wondering if there is any experience with Rabbit Semiconductor modules e.g. RCM3400. Are there any sites out there discussing these products?

Thanks,
gny

www.rabbitsemiconductor.com

They are very easy to use. I'm not sure if a forum is around for these things but there's nothing to it. Simply make sure you supply power, connect peripherals and you are on your way. Programming is also very easy, you can specify if you want to run your program from RAM (during testing and debugging) then at the end you can program it directly to the on-board Flash.

- Jayson

The Dynamic C compiler can drive you nuts. It's a pseudo C compiler with a pseudo debugger with pseudo optimizations, etc. After a few tries with it, I put the module in the closet and I forgot about it. I'm very sorry for the money that I spend on the developer kit.
My personal opinion is that RCM modules are a great piece of hardware but the software is bringing their values down.
I heard that the Softools compiler is good, but I won't risk again with them.

An interesting part for me is the eZ80Acclaim uC. I see that they make modules at a cost competitive with rabbit parts.
h**p://www.zilog.com/products/partdetails.asp?id=eZ80F920120MOD
h**p://www.mouser.com//index.cfm?handler=productsearch._listproductsearch&searchtype=starts+with&criteria=EZ80F920120MOD&searchby=PartNumber&x=19&y=6
Anyone have any experience with them?

For 100 bucks I found this:
h**p://www.visionsystems.de/start.php3?artikelnr=325 (very poor on I/O)
h**p://www.dilnetpc.com/dnp0038.htm (this one really looks great)

As I’m also looking for a general propose TCP/IP module. It would be interesting to see other solutions from the elektroda users…

Status
Not open for further replies.